Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Reflections on the Concept Maps In Class- by Chandelle

1) Leandra- Rain Forest Ecosystem
I already knew that there were 4 layers in the rain forests. I forgot what their names were. Emergent, Canopy, Under-story, and Forrest Floor.

I find this topic interesting because every layer has its own type of structure and different types of animals live in each environment.

As a teacher this topic can be very helpful not just informing the students of the rain forest but to also allow them to understand that even though organisms live in the same place, their locations in the place are vastly different.

2) Josiann- Hot Air Balloons
I learned that there are 5 main parts to all hot air balloons no matter the shape of the outer hull.

I found this topic interesting because I love seeing the Hot Air Balloons sail in the morning sky, as a resident of  NM I didn't know how prominent NM was in the Hot Air Balloon Society

As a teacher this information can help me by showing the students in my science class how we as humans have evolved our transportation options by use of science. (hot air rises)

3) David- World Religions
I learned that there are a vast amount of religions out there and they are all interconnected more so then i thought.

I find this interesting because i always here about how different religions are fighting to be unique but in reality a lot of them are all derivatives of similar stories,

As a teacher this information will allow me to incorporate different cultural backgrounds into my teachings and know that even though some of my students practice multiple different religions, that most of the major ones have things in common not only in spirit, but in cultures based off religions.

4) Darrell- Difficult Language Decisions for Parents with Deaf children.
I knew that there were difficulties with parents had when they find out that their children are Deaf. But the thing I learned was that it is actually quite difficult to convay the information that parents need into a "simple" brochure type information sheet.

I find this interesting because I would love to some day be an American Sign Language Interpreter.

As a teacher I find this information important because I may have a student whose sibling/or themselves is Deaf and they are having a hard time at home.

5)  Ana- The 4 closest planets to our Sun
I learned that the two hottest planets in our Solar System are Mercury and Venus, that Venus rotates ,oposite of all the other planets in our Solar System, and that Mars has the tallest mountains in the Solar System.

I find this interesting because I love Astronomy.

As a teacher I can use this information in our Earth Sciences Course to help make the subject more intriguing to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment