Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Reflections of the Concept - Maps Darrell Mays

Ball Pythons – Ken
  1. I learned that Tuatara’s are a reptile.
  2. I thought this was interesting because Ken broke down snakes by their eating methods.
  3. As a teacher we must remember to present information in a fashion that kids will be interested in.

Seasons on Earth – Maria
  1. I learned that there are season simulations on-line.
  2. I thought this was interesting because Maria incorporated an on-line tool to demonstrate the seasons.
  3. As a teacher we must capture people’s imagination so that they engage in the learning process.

World Religions – David
  1. I learned that the classifications of religion can be very hazy.
  2. I thought this was interesting because David broke down many of the major beliefs and had a good grasp on each of them.
  3. As a teacher we must remember that everyone comes from different backgrounds and a little understanding can go a long ways in connection with students.

Emotions – Lindsey
  1. I learned that children are emotion driven and that needing a nap is an emotion.
  2. I thought this was interesting because Lindsey broke down how she would teach instead of demonstrated because we were outside of the range in which this was intended.
  3. As a teacher we must always remember to build your classes to the capabilities and limitations of your intended audience.

Balloons – Josiann
  1. I learned that the first balloon flight was in a town in France.
  2. I thought this was interesting because Josiann kept the concept of the map simple and easy to follow.
  3. As a teacher we must remember to keep information in easily digestible chunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment